He/him. Interested in how things work; breaking things and fixing things. Hobbies include cooking, coffee, coding, music, and learning to surf.
From BlueScope, I moved onto public facing website and applications, developing primarily in the LAMP stack, implementing solutions using WordPress, Drupal, and other frameworks for CMS and e-commerce applications with Bicycling Australia. I worked with the team at Wisdom Advertising and Design as a Web Developer in September 2012, which brought a number of technical challenges, but also great opportunities to work with clients, understand requirements, scope and deliverables.
After several years of agency work with Wisdom, I moved into product development with start-up AirService as a Software Developer, where I had the opportunity to work with the new MEAN stack as well as build and launch a React Native mobile application to support their online ordering solution. During this time I also completed a Graduate Certificate of Mobile Application Development with Charles Sturt University.
Working with Compono
At the end of 2018 I joined Compono as the fourth developer of this small startup, working as a Senior Full Stack Developer building React UIs with GraphQL and Node microservices backends, publicly launching at the start of 2019. As Compono grew, I took a Lead Developer role and formed a team to create a new product. I lead the team extending the existing feature set of the initial smart hiring product with new applicant tracking features including hiring pipeline, messages and interview scheduling.
With continued growth and acquisitions, Compono's engineering had exceeded 30 developers and I was promoted to a new role of Engineering Manager, keen to share the knowledge of team building, performance and management I had learned and apply it across the several teams I would be managing. Keeping an eye on the developer experience and culture being important to myself as well as Compono, I have been involved in lots of hiring, performance management and planning activities and learning a lot along the way.
Compono is a great place to work with a great culture, distributed engineering team, and plenty of career development opportunities - come and join us.
Engineering Manager at Compono
Compono is a SAAS HR talent optimisation software platform. Enabling companies to hire, develop and retain talent with employee centric and data driven insights.
- Responsible for building and maintaining engineering teams across a suite of software products
- Managing the hiring, mentoring and performance reviews across teams of software engineers
- Working with product manager to establish and monitor engineering roadmap and OKRs
Lead Full Stack Developer at Compono
- Lead an agile transform of a cross-functional project team
- Product planning, scheduling, task breakdown and backlog management
- Lead engineering team in agile practices, including establishment of best practices across teams
- Build and maintain a greenfield SAAS ATS to compliment existing job management application
- Integrated with third-party calendar synchronisation platform to build self-scheduling interview feature
Senior Full Stack Developer at Compono
- Build and maintain features in web applications with micro services
- Launched new ATS product for managing candidates in hiring pipeline
- Build internal messaging feature with external email notifications
Software Engineer at AirService
AirService combines mobile commerce services to deliver an “out of the box” experience, fully branded as > our client’s own.
- Built UI features and components with Angular and React interfacing with RESTful API server
- Application state management with Redux
- AWS Lambda client/server integration
- D3 charting with React SVG components
- iOS/Android applications built with React Native
Skills: Angular, React, Redux, HTML, CSS, AWS Lambda and S3
Senior Web Developer at Wisdom Advertising and Design
Wisdom is a marketing, advertising, design and web development studio.
- Technical responsibility for Custom administration tool
- Migration of websites from hosted LAMP servers to AWS cloud
- Liaised with clients to establish scope and requirement documentation
- Produced CMS and E-commerce sites to client specifications
- Manage mobile application projects for iOS, Android and Windows
- Re-usable email templates coded for EDM software
Web Developer at Bicycling Australia
Bicycling Australia operated 3 magazine titles, 3 e-commerce stores and an online classifieds site.
- Designed and build Drupal CMS website
- Implemented Ad platform software to manage online advertising inventory
- Rewrote Classifieds site to integrate with CMS and advertising platform
- Developed and published 11 iOS apps to App Store
- Custom email newsletter generators for EDM software
Enikos was a startup building an online interactive multi-media presentation tool.
- Performance enhancements to front-end loading of greater than 80%
- Enhanced device support for multiple platforms