Engineering Manager leading distributed cross-functional software engineering teams
Joined Compono in 2018 as the fourth developer working as a Senior Full Stack Developer, building job posting and candidate hiring web application with React, GraphQL, TypeScript and Node micro-services running in Kubernetes on AWS.
Took a Lead Full Stack Developer role in 2020 and formed a new team to create an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to extend the feature set of the intelligent hiring product. Introduced agile methodologies to the product team and implement a shift-left approach to quality.
Promoted to Engineering Manager in 2021, I trained a replacement lead developer for my team and began overseeing three product teams. I was involved in all aspects of hiring, mentoring, career development, and engineering process improvements. Lead the formation of a new team to tackle a significant strategic software re-architecture of a core business function.
I began product development at AirService in 2016, working with a product focused team on a modern technology stack, continuous integration and deployment pipelines and lead the development and launch of a React Native mobile application to support an online ordering solution. During this time I also completed a Graduate Certificate of Mobile Application Development with Charles Sturt University.
Between 2008 and 2016, I built CMS and e-commerce web applications at Bicycling Australia and Wisdom Advertising and Design. Working across different industries with a variety of different clients brought new perspectives, technical challenges, and great opportunities to work closely with clients, account managers, and designers to understand requirements, scope, and deliverables.
Leadership, Team building Mentoring, Career development Hiring, Performance management, Agile coaching, Code review, Continuous delivery, Technical decision making, Process improvement, Documentation, Software development
React, Typescript, GraphQL, Node, MongoDB, AWS
Engineering Manager at Compono
Compono is a SAAS HR talent optimisation software platform. Enabling companies to hire, develop and retain talent with employee centric and data driven insights.
- Building and managing engineering teams across a suite of software products
- Hiring, mentoring and performance reviews across teams of software engineers
- Working with product manager to establish and tracking roadmap and OKRs
- Establish and improve engineering processes, agile methodologies and performance of the software development lifecycle.
Lead Full Stack Developer at Compono
- Lead an agile transform of a cross-functional project team
- Product planning, scheduling, task breakdown and backlog management
- Lead engineering team in agile practices, including establishment of best practices across teams
- Build and maintain a greenfield SAAS ATS to compliment existing job management application
- Integrated with third-party calendar synchronisation platform to build self-scheduling interview feature
Senior Full Stack Developer at Compono
- Build and maintain features in React web applications with Kubernetes micro services
- Launched new ATS product for managing candidates in hiring pipeline
- Build internal messaging feature with external email notifications
- Delivered product features including Stripe billing system and internal UI component library
Software Engineer at AirService
AirService combines mobile commerce services to deliver an “out of the box” experience, fully branded as > our client’s own.
- Built Angular and React applications backed by Ruby on Rails API server
- Application state management with Redux, AWS Lambda client/server integration
- Custom dashboards with D3 charting and React SVG components
- iOS/Android applications built with React Native
Skills: Angular, React, Redux, HTML, CSS, AWS Lambda and S3
Senior Web Developer at Wisdom Advertising and Design
Wisdom is a marketing, advertising, design and web development studio.
- Worked with client managers to define customer scope and project specifications
- Delivered custom websites with CMS and ecommerce functionality to design brief
- Manage mobile application projects for iOS, Android and Windows
- Developed client branded email templates for EDM software
Web Developer at Bicycling Australia
Bicycling Australia operated 3 magazine titles, 3 e-commerce stores and an online classifieds site.
- Designed and built Drupal CMS, integrated into multiple branded ecommerce applications
- Implemented Ad platform software to manage online advertising inventory
- Rebuilt Classifieds site to integrate with CMS and advertising platform
- Developed and published 11 iOS apps to App Store
- Custom email newsletter generators for EDM software built as extension to ecommerce stores