I picked up some arduino boards a few months ago and built a simple digital thermometer with a 4 digit 7-segment LED display. This worked reasonably, aside from some poor connections caused by prototyping on a breadboard.
Unfortunately, the poor connections meant that the temperature did not update reliably, so I replaced the project with a $2 off-the-shelf unit.
But after stumbling across this Printer project I think I might have found my next job for the boards I have.
I imagine this would be fun to have and perhaps even a little useful. I would like to add a knock sensor to the project to trigger a print, so I could knock on the desk and have my schedule, reminders, weather forecast and whatever else printed.
- Fully Arduino/cloud controlled printing (no local PC)
- Use the Go Free Range services/source
- Poll and cache data for offline printing
- Scheduled and on demand printing
- Use a knock sensor with different patterns to print different jobs (e.g. two knocks for weather, three for calendar schedule, etc)
- Build a parts list
- Inventory my parts
- Build a shopping list